Before you moved into your home the bathroom was checked and approved as meeting our quality standards. This means the bathroom was less than 30 years old, is in a clean, good working condition, and that there were no outstanding Health and Safety issues. During your tenancy it is your responsibility to keep your bathroom in this condition until you move out or the kitchen is replaced on our 30 year planned maintenance programme.
During your tenancy we will undertake repairs to your bathroom if:
- There are leaks from pipes
- A leak that is our responsibility to repair affects the bathroom pipe boxing, bath panel, decorations, tiling or flooring
- Your taps, shower or toilet drips or fails to work correctly
- The bath, toilet or basin becomes unstable
- Silicone seals around the bath or basin fail
- The toilet becomes blocked and it is the only working toilet in your home*
- The extractor fan stops working
- Health and Safety repairs are required.
*Although we may complete this repair for you, you will be recharged for this service.
The following are your responsibility and we will not:
- Repair or replace sanitary ware due to cracks or chips
- Repair or replace plugs, chains, toilet seats or toilet roll holders
- Remove build up of limescale
- Control or remove any build up of mildew/mould growth
- Unblock toilet, basin, bath or shower waste pipes
- Replace cracked or broken wall tiles
- Repair any damage caused by you, any member of your household or your guests, even if the damage was accidental.
When you report a repair we may send our Inspector to your home to specify what works are required.
The Inspector will:
- Identify the repairs that we will carry out
- Take measurements, note model numbers etc.
- Identify if replacement parts are needed
- State the number of repairs needed
- Confirm the bathroom installation date is in line with our records.
The Inspector cannot:
- Order repairs to be carried out which are not our responsibility
- Order the full refurbishment of your bathroom
- Arrange for the installation of additional tiling or showers.
Your own home improvements
If you wish to change any external door, door frame or undertake any improvement works to an existing door you must contact us with details and gain our permission prior to starting work. Unauthorised alterations will not be maintained by us and you may be recharged if we attend to carry out a repair as a direct result of your improvements. For more information about this please read our dedicated page.
When you move out
You need to give your property back to us in a good condition and we will arrange to inspect your property before you leave.
If repairs which are your responsibility need to be completed you will need to do these before you move out. If you do not carry out the work we will charge you for the cost of getting the property back to a satisfactory standard. You can find out more about the recharges here.