Housing benefit

If you have a low income or you are getting benefits, you may be entitled to housing benefit to help pay your rent and service charge. Housing benefit is worked out and paid by your local council. We will offer you advice about claiming housing benefit and we can help you to make a claim for this and any other benefits.

While you are getting housing benefit, you must tell us and your local housing benefit office if there are any changes in your circumstances as they could affect how much benefit you will get. The kind of changes we need to know about include:

• you or anyone who lives with you going back to work
• you taking in a lodger or subtenant
• a child who lives with you leaving school, or
• a change in the amount or types of benefit you get.

A Rent Services Officer can help you to claim housing benefit but it is your responsibility to make sure that it is paid.

Call Customer Services on 0300 500 6262, e-mail info@aldwyck.co.uk or fill in the form below, if you would like a Rent Services Officer to contact you regarding housing benefit advice.

Rent Services Officer appointment request

Benefits are changing from April 2013

You can find out about the changes to housing benefit in April 2013 by reading our leaflet below.

Your guide to welfare reform [pdf] 601KB

To check your benefit entitlement go to the benefit calculator.

Associated Business icons

Connect Property Services logo Lea valley homes logo Help to Buy logo  Customer Service Excellence accreditation logo
Investors in people link    business for neighbourhoods Positive about disabled people logo