Your annual gas safety check and service
We have a legal duty to carry out a safety inspection and service once a year for all gas appliances we have provided in your home. You must allow us access to your home once a year to carry out this safety check and service.
If you do not allow us access to carry out the check we will seek a court order and all costs associated with us gaining access will be charged to you; these are currently in the region of £800.00. Please remember this is for your personal safety.
Don’t put your life and the lives of your family and neighbours at unnecessary risk.
What to do if you smell gas
If you can smell gas or suspect a gas escape, please immediately do the following:
- Shut off the gas supply at the meter control vale
- Extinguish all sources of ignition (gas pilot lights, naked flames etc)
- Do not smoke
- Do not operate electrical or power switches (on or off)
- Ventilate the building by opening doors and windows
- Ensure access to the property can be made
If gas continues to escape call NATIONAL GRID on the Gas Emergency free phone number 0800 111 999 and evacuate the property.
If the gas leak is stopped by turning the gas off at the meter, immediately call us on 0300 500 6262 and ask us to attend as an emergency as soon as possible