Before you moved into your home the kitchen was checked and approved as meeting our quality standards. This means the kitchen was in a clean, good working condition, offers the required level of storage and that there were no outstanding Health and Safety issues.
During your tenancy it is your responsibility to keep your kitchen in this condition until you move out or the kitchen is replaced on our planned maintenance programme.
During your tenancy Aldwyck will undertake repairs to your kitchen if:
- There is a leak that is our responsibility to repair that affects the structure of the kitchen cupboards, worktop, decorations, tiling or flooring
- Your taps drip or fail to operate correctly
- Silicone seals fail around the worktop
- The extractor fan stops working
- The door and drawer fronts become loose due to fair wear and tear
- Health and Safety repairs are required.
The following are your responsibility and Aldwyck will not:
- Replace missing or damaged shelves, cupboards, handles, drawer fronts, plinths or cupboard doors
- Replace worktops, cupboards, doors or shelves where the laminate surface becomes chipped
- Replace missing cupboard legs or collapsed cupboards
- Remove grease or mould on or within cupboards or on worktops or tiles
- Replace cracked or broken wall tiles
- Unblock your sink waste pipe
- Repair any damage caused by you, any member of your household or your guests, even if the damage was accidental.
When you report a repair we may send our Inspector to your home to specify what works are required.
The Inspector will:
- Identify the repairs that we will carry out
- Take measurements, note model numbers etc.
- Identify if replacement parts are needed
- State the number of repairs needed
- Confirm the kitchen installation date is in line with our records
The Inspector cannot:
- Order repairs to be carried out which are not Aldwyck’s responsibility (as listed on page 3)
- Order the full refurbishment of your kitchen.
Your own home improvements
If you wish to change any external door, door frame or undertake any improvement works to an existing door you must contact us with details and gain our permission prior to starting work. Unauthorised alterations will not be maintained by Aldwyck and you may be recharged if we attend to carry out a repair as a direct result of your improvements. For more information about this please read our decicated page.
When you move out
You need to give your property back to us in a good condition and we will arrange to inspect your property before you leave.
If repairs which are your responsibility need to be completed you will need to do these before you move out. If you do not carry out the work we will charge you for the cost of getting the property back to a satisfactory standard. You can find out more about the recharges here.