Paying your rent

We offer a number of ways for you to pay:

Direct Debit

You can pay weekly or monthly straight from your bank account

At any Post Office

Using your rent payment card, you may pay at any Post Office by cash, cheque or debit card.

PayPoint outlets

Using your rent payment card, you may pay at any outlet displaying the “PayPoint” sign.

Cash, cheque or card payments

Visit our office at the below address to pay in cash, cheque or card anytime Mon – Thurs 8.45am – 4.45pm & Fri 8.45am – 4.30pm.

Telephone payments

Call us anytime during our opening hours where you can make debit and credit card payments.

Pay straight into our bank

Pay at any Barclays branch using paying in slips making sure to include your reference found on the front of your rent payment card.
Sort code: 20-17-19 Acc no: 70245895.

Standing orders

You can arrange for your payment to be paid weekly or monthly direct from your bank account. Please contact us for further details.

How to contact us

Tel: 01223 312294


Post: 89 King Street, Cambridge, CB1 1LD

Debt problems?

We know that times are tight at the moment and that sometimes your money doesn’t stretch as far as you would like it to.

If you are having difficulty paying your rent, contact us as soon as possible. Our officers have training in Welfare Benefits and can talk to you about the financial difficulties you are facing and can check if you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to. We can also help if you are having problems managing your finances by referring you to independent organisations for help, if you wish.

Top Tips when you find yourself in debt


  • Ignore the problem. It won't go away and there is plenty of help and assistance on offer.
  • Borrow more to pay off debts. You could get deeper into debt.
  • Use loan sharks (unlicensed money lenders). They lend on bad terms with high rates of interest and are likely to harass you if you get behind with your repayments.


  •   Face up to your situation and start to take action to resolve it.
  •   Tackle your priority debts (such as rent and household bills) first as these have more serious consequences.
  •   Be realistic about what you can pay back. Write down incomings and outgoings and make regular payments which you can afford.
  •  Get in touch with everyone you owe money to and explain your situation. They may be able to offer additional help.
  •   Get in touch with specialist support agencies. We have listed some of these below.

Where can I get help?

There are also a number of agencies who can give you free advice and help with debt and financial difficulties. The following websites and contact numbers may be of help.

General Debt Advice

The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service, an independent service set up by government to help people like you make the most of their money. They give free, unbiased money advice online, on webchat, over the phone, in printed guides and face to face. 

Citizens Advice Bureau

08444 111 444

Provides advice people need for the problems they face.  We also have an agreement in place with Cambridge City CAB which ensures that you receive priority help, contact your Neighbourhood Officer for more details.


0800 138 1111

A registered charity offering free, confidential advice and support to anyone who is struggling with debt. For a free assessment of your situation, advice on what to do next and a personalised budget, go to  Debt Remedy.

National Debtline

0800 808 4000

A National telephone helpline for people with debt problems.


0800 280 2816

Free debt management plans and advice.

Consumer Affairs

A not-for-profit organisation that provides free and unbiased information on debt management, credit cards, mortgages, loans, and other products, allowing you to make smarter financial decisions

Legal Advice

Community Legal Service

0845 345 4345

For free, confidential and independent legal advice for residents of England and Wales.


Social Fund

The Citizens Advice Bureau offers help for people on a low income. If you are on means-tested benefits or are in a crisis situation, they may be able to help provide one off payments for emergency situations.

Charitable trusts

Charitable trusts are designed to help those with a disability or other difficulties by providing grants and other forms of support. Visit Turn2us for more information and to search for a charity that could help.

Help reduce your fuel bills

The National Housing federation offers free advice on switching your energy supplier via the The My Home Energy Switch team. The team can now offer housing associations and tenants  an unbiased comparison and switching service at My Home Energy Switch call 0800 0014 706 to switch  energy provider or visit their website: Lot's of people have already saved money by using this service!