Planned mantenance of your home
Every year Aldwyck Housing Group spend in the region of £14 million on planned and responsive maintenance to keep our buildings safe and in good condition.
What is covered by our planned maintenance?
Planned maintenance covers a number of replacements and renewals and on average, every year we replace/renew:
500 Gas and electrical central heating systems
270 Electrical consumer units
150 Windows and doors
10 Redecoration of communal areas
2 Passenger lifts
2 Carpark resurfacing
When we replace kitchens and bathrooms, we’ll give you a choice of colours units and floor coverings.
How do I find out about planned maintenance at my property?
Call us on 0300 500 6262 (select option 3)
email (customer service team email)
Please note: If you call us or email (customer service team email) our Customer Service Team they will ask the Asset Team to send you details of the proposed works to your property over the next five years.
Do I have to pay for planned maintenance?
If you are a customer who rents your property from Aldwyck you do not have to pay for planned maintenance. If you have replaced your own kitchen or bathroom, at your own expense and they are in good condition, we may not include them in our programme. Please check with our Customer Service Team (email and phone details here as a link and number listed) if you are thinking of replacing your kitchen or bathroom, as we will need to discuss and approve this with you before you go ahead.
How will Aldwyck know what planned work is due?
We keep a record of the condition of all our properties. Surveyors may need to visit and inspect your home at times to ensure our records are up-to-date. Please make every effort to give our surveyors access to your home so that we can renew items due for replacement when required.
Please note - Maintenance is scheduled based on condition and estimated lifespan and this may not necessarily be the same as your neighbour.
What happens next?
Any improvements to your home can be an exciting prospect but we also understand that you may be worried as maintenance work can be disruptive.
Our Resident Liaison Officers (RLOs) are dedicated to supporting you through the improvement works to your home offering advice and help.
Before works starts, the RLO will:
- Visit you to introduce themselves, talk through the proposed work and advise you on how to prepare for it
- Make sure you know when the work will start
- Ask you about any special requirements you may have
- Help with any choices.
The RLO will make regular visits to support you through the process, a surveyor will also visit you regularly to ensure you are happy with the service.
All of our contractors will:
- Carry company ID badges and must present these to you on every visit
- Treat you and your home with courtesy and respect
- Tell you at the end of each day who to expect the following day
- Leave you with a supply of fresh water, a safe electrical supply and cooking and toilet facilities at the end of each day
- Keep you, your family and visitors safe from the hazards that building works can generate
- On average complete kitchens and bathrooms replacements within seven to eight working days.
What can I do to help?
We appreciate your help during this time, particularly with the following:
- Access to your home at the agreed dates and times
- We require at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to rearrange an appointment
- Clear any work areas, including cupboards of any belongings before we arrive (we will help you with any heavy items/furniture)
- To keep children and pets safe, do not leave them unattended and please keep them away from the work area and any tools
- Please do not smoke in the areas where our contractors are working
- Treat our contractors with courtesy and respect