Visiting Support Service
Aldwyck understands that as you go through life your needs and priorities change and coming to terms with these changes can be difficult. We will take the time to get to know you and understand your exact needs. You deserve to be treated with dignity and respect and that is why we have developed a range of services that can be tailored to your personal requirements.
Our Visiting Support Service is designed to provide support services for you in your home (whether private or rented accommodation). Our experienced and dedicated team are able to assess your support needs. Then tailor your support services to meet your individual needs.
Our service covers our housing in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. It is also available to private homeowners in these areas.
Our Visiting Support Service provides you with the very best expert support network. Providing you with the peace of mind that as your needs change over time, our staff can adapt your personal support plan to allow you as much assistance or independence as you need. If you require more specialist services, they will also support you or your family in seeking the right level of specialist care.
Anyone requiring support can access this service including those with a disability or a pre-existing support need.
We specialise in supporting people with:
• a need for older persons services
• learning difficulties
• mental health
• physical disabilities
• a need for crisis intervention services (e.g. those returning from hospital or in need of short term support).
Your individual support plan
We are committed to providing you with a choice of services that will enable you to live independently in your own home. We will involve you in developing all areas of your support plan.
We will ensure:
• you are individually assessed
• you have a personal support plan that incorporates your choice preferences
• we support improvements to your wellbeing and quality of life
• you are treated with dignity and respect
• we respect your privacy.
Practical and emotional support
Knowing you have someone to talk to who will listen and understand your concerns and most importantly provide practical and or emotional support is a key part of the service we provide. This may include:
• liaising with external agencies to support your access to a full range of services to keep you independent
• tele-care life-line equipment to provide 24 hour emergency support
• help with managing personalised budgets
• general money advice – including budgets and welfare benefits
• filling in forms
• help with accessing other services
• a regular support visit if required.
How much will it cost?
Our charging structure is very competitive and in line with the local authority health provider charging policy. Our fees will depend on the type of support provided and are detailed below:
Support levels and cost of support (from):
Low to medium support - £4.00 - £12.00 per visit
High support - £16.25 per visit
Crisis intervention - per agreed amount of time or local authority rates
Tele-care equipment - £4.00 per week
How can I access this service?
Referrals can be made directly from social services, health professionals and local authorities or by way of a self referral.
If you are interested in finding out more about Visiting Support Services, please contact us or call us today:
Aldwyck Customer Services: 0300 500 6262
Visiting Support day duty office: 0300 500 1213
This service is delivered in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council.